We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
I found this recipe on Laura Adamache's blog and I honestly couldn't resist the temptation to try it! I assure you that the taste is divine. Thank you Laura!
Ingredients for baskets
- 1 can of Bonduelle lentils
- 1 yolk
- 50 gr parmesan race
- 30 gr pesmet
- 3 Coptic avocados
- 1/2 green onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- In the original recipe - 1 small red hot pepper mixed in cream (I didn't use it because we don't like hot)
Preparation time: less than 60 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Lentil baskets with guacamole:
How to prepare baskets
Wash the lentils under a stream of cold water, then let it drain.
Mix the lentils with the yolk, parmesan and breadcrumbs carefully so as not to crush the lentils.
Put 2 tablespoons of the composition in muffin tins lined with baking paper and press well by hand to take the form of a basket. Put in the preheated oven at 180 gr for 20 minutes.
How to prepare cream
Mix avocado with lemon juice and olive oil until well blended. At the end I added very finely chopped onion and salt. With the pos I filled baskets (well cooled) and decorated them with hot peppers.
Lentil pate with mushrooms
Lentil pate with fresh mushrooms, large onions and garlic, seasoned with basil, marjoram and rosemary
Lentil pate with onion, seasoned with paprika, dried basil, marjoram and allspice
Baskets filled with lentil paste
Baskets filled with lentil paste, a fasting recipe prepared with lentils, carrots, onions and seasoned with tarragon, cumin, coriander and paprika
False lentil drob
Recipe for fake lentil drob prepared with ground walnuts, tomato juice, onion, celery, carrot and crushed cornflakes or breadcrumbs
Guacamole with goat cheese
As Wikipedia teaches us, guacamole means "S.O.S of avocado”, A preparation that the Aztecs obtained by grinding the pulp of the fruit with sea salt. Later, other ingredients appeared in guacamole: lemon / lime juice, onion, garlic, hot pepper, tomatoes, etc. How to prepare a guacamole with smoky tone, find here. Also here, you have some references to avocado paste combined with prosciutto, salmon or tuna in oil. And here you will find a salad with avocado, lentils, beets and goat cheese. I went for a "classic" guacamole, so to speak, in which I incorporated some goat cheese. The result is spreadable paste which you can present either spread on slices of baguette (these are suitable for a Swedish buffet) or directly in the peel of the fruit.
What do you need?
- 2 ripe avocados (the skin should still be green, elastic, and the inside soft and yellowish)
- 100 g goat cheese
- 1 small tomato
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ lemon (juice only)
- 1 green onion (for decoration)
- salt and pepper - to taste.
How do you proceed?
- The avocado fruits are cut in half lengthwise, all around the circumference, then the two halves are rotated in opposite directions, thus detaching the seeds.
- Remove the core with a teaspoon (without destroying the peel that will be used as a "bowl" for the pasta) and sprinkle with plenty of lemon juice - this slows down the oxidation processes that lead to changes in the color of the avocado pulp from green to a totally unattractive brown
- Shallots and garlic are cleaned and finely chopped (with a knife)
- Chop the tomatoes into small cubes and gently squeeze to remove excess juice
- and add over onion and garlic
- Mix in a large bowl the avocado pulp, shallot, garlic, tomato and goat cheese (you can keep a few rounds of cheese for decoration)
- Mix everything well with a fork, not in a blender - this way you will feel the texture of the ingredients
- Match the taste of salt and pepper, mixing well with a fork
- Fill the avocado peels with the mixture obtained, decorate with cheese slices and green onion rings, then let cool for 30 minutes.
Avocado paste oxidizes very quickly, changing its color in a way that makes it completely unappetizing. To avoid this, a few solutions:
- sprinkle the core of the fruit with lemon or lime juice
- place in the bowl in which you keep the avocado paste and the fruit kernels
- avoid the contact of the avocado paste with the oxygen in the air: pour water over the paste (carefully) enough to cover it with a layer of 3-4 mm, water that you remove when you bring the paste to the table.
Have fun and see you healthy again!
Ingredients for the recipe for sea bream fillets with green lentils
For 4 people:
- 4 large fillets of sea bream, deboned, cut into two pieces each (to give volume to the preparation)
- 4 x 4 tablespoons of green lentils
- Half celery and 2 large carrots (cut into large cubes) or half a liter of vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt, pepper, olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
Steamed vegetables with guacamole
Put the carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, leeks and beans in a steamer or strainer, over a saucepan of boiling water, for 12 minutes until the vegetables are soft, but not too much. Alternatively, you can put the vegetables in an electric steamer.
Meanwhile, prepare Guacamole: spoon the avocado pulp, put it in a bowl and, using a fork, mix it with green onions, curry paste, coriander, tomatoes. Add a little garlic, salt and pepper.
When ready, drain the vegetables and place on a plate, place the avocado sauce (or guacamole) on top and serve.
It has a red, black, green and yellow lentils
There are about 11 varieties of lentils, which differ in color, grain shape, taste and method of preparation. The popularity of this product is growing every year, so it is important to know what is useful and how to cook lentils it. The utility is high in protein, iron, vitamin B, folic acid, potassium, carbohydrates, as a result lentils have become an integral part of the diet of all people. Regular consumption of food from these grains is favorable when:
First you need to decide for what foods you buy these beans and go to cook. If you are going to cook porridge, then you need to buy a French green or brown, black, lentils. Colored pods tend to retain the shape of the grain without turning into a puree weight. For soups and stews, use red, yellow, orange lentils, because in the cooking process it softened quickly and to a large extent, turning to porridge.
Baskets filled with lentil paste
Fasting recipe - prepare like this:
From the first ingredients you get a dough that you leave warm for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the molds that you grease on the outside with a little oil and sprinkle the flour, then shake off the excess flour from the molds and cover each mold with a strip of dough. Bake the baskets for 25-30 minutes. Clean the lentils and wash them well, then soak them for 2 hours in cold water, then boil them until they soften. Put the cooled lentils in a blender and mix it with the onion, garlic and carrot that you
Ingredients Fasting Pate of Mushrooms and Lentils
- 150 grams of fresh mushrooms (I used champinion), cut into strips or cubes (depending on size)
- 1 red onion (100 grams), diced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, cut into thin slices
- 60 ml. extra virgin olive oil
- 400 grams of boiled lentils
- 100 grams of walnut kernel (plain or pecan)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary (leaves only, without stem)
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme
- ¼ connection of green parsley, cut large
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated sweet or hot paprika, as you prefer
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional, 2 tablespoons of brandy
Preparation of Fasting Pate of Mushrooms and Lentils & # 8211 Cooking Mushrooms and Lentils
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a suitable large skillet. Add onion and garlic, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and mix. Reduce heat to low and sauté onions for about 7-8 minutes, until soft. From time to time, stir.
2. After the onion has softened, add the mushrooms to the pan, raising the heat to medium. Saute the mushrooms with the onion for about 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft.
3. If you cook lentils at home, you will need about 240 grams of dried green lentils. Measure the volume occupied by the lentils. Rinse the lentils under running water in a sieve. Put the lentils in a saucepan and add cold water, measuring twice the volume occupied by the lentils. You can add spices, for example 2 whole garlic cloves and 1 bay leaf. Put the lentils on high heat and bring to a boil quickly. When it boils, reduce the heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes, without a lid. If necessary, add a little boiling water, just enough to cover the lentils with about 2 fingers. Boil the lentils over low heat until tender and drain well.
If you use canned lentils, simply drain the liquid, collecting the grains in a sieve. Rinse under running cold water and use.
Preparation Pate fasting mushrooms and lentils & # 8211 pate processing
4. Mushroom and lentil pate can be prepared in a static blender, if you have a strong one, or with a hand blender, in which case it may take a little longer, because you will have to insist until all the ingredients are perfectly crushed and very fine pate.
I simply put the lentils, hardened onions and mushrooms, along with the oil from the pan, the nuts, the greens, the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and all the rest of the ingredients, except salt and pepper, in the blender jar.
5. I processed everything in a blender until the pate became fine, then I seasoned it with salt and pepper to taste and I turned on the blender for another minute, to blend perfectly. Attention, this pate asks for pepper with no mercy, I was amazed when it came in!
How to prepare Pate fasting mushrooms and lentils & # 8211 serving and storage
Once processed and well homogenized, the pate is transferred to dishes / jars in which it can be kept covered and refrigerated. It is eaten like any other pate, on slices of bread, crackers, etc. It can be accompanied by pickles or fresh vegetables, to taste. Regarding storage, David Lebovitz says that we can store it without problems for 4 days, in the refrigerator, and can be frozen for up to 2 months.
It's delicious and I'd love to try it and come back with impressions. May it be useful to you!
How to select foods that stimulate energy
Food is the best way to provide your body with energy, he says Aimée Plauché, RD, LDN , a dietitian recommended for ICONIC Protein. It is important to focus on nutrient-rich foods that help nourish our body, as well as manage our blood sugar levels, because blood sugar spikes and accidents play an important role in our maximum and minimum energy levels.
She adds that eating right throughout the day can reduce the need for that mid-afternoon caffeine shake you always get, which can only temporarily mask your lethargy.
Jamie Lee McIntyre, MS, RD , a registered dietitian-nutritionist and nutrition consultant at JamieLeeRDN.com, agrees. She says: It's easy to get caffeine as a stimulant, but keep in mind that this is, in a way, a false energy. A stimulant, such as caffeine, is a substance that alerts the brain and increases alertness. However, if your muscles and brain do not have the energy to feed properly, you will still be running at a less optimal performance compared to a nourished state.
While a single nutritious food, such as a piece of fruit, can boost your energy, both experts believe that combinations of these foods can lead to energy gains. For example, McIntyre says that for a long-lasting energy, you will want to combine carbohydrates with healthy proteins and fats to prolong the feeling of saturation and slow down the release of energy in the blood for a more stable effect. Or it can be as simple as creating a balanced plate that incorporates several food groups.
McIntyre says: Many foods and food combinations can provide energy to the body. The best options provide carbohydrates, which serve as the body's primary source of energy, along with fiber and protein for a gradual release of energy. When you eat in this specific combination, you will feel sustained fuel and endurance to fuel yourself during the day.
For ideas on the combinations that should be included in your daily diet along with certain foods that are shown to improve energy levels, discover these energizing foods.
For today, we have prepared a vegetarian snack & # 8211 lentil meatballs, which is ready in about an hour. The ingredients listed below are enough for 8-10 servings, so you can confidently invite friends to visit. Here are the easy steps you need to follow to make these lentil meatballs in your own kitchen!
Ingredients for lentil meatballs:
2 cups red lentils
1 cup of fine bulgur
1/2 cup olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons red pepper paste
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped leeks
1 cup freshly chopped green parsley
small lettuce leaves
3 steps to prepare lentil meatballs:
1. In a small saucepan, add the lentils, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 4 cups water. Bring the composition to the boil, then boil over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are soft and absorbed most of the water for about 10 minutes. Add the bulgur, stir and turn off the heat. Cover with a lid and leave for 15-20 minutes, until the bulgur softens.
2. In a small skillet, over low heat, heat the oil and add the pre-cleaned and finely chopped onion, leaving it to soften for about 3 minutes. Add the tomato paste and hot pepper paste and mix the composition well until it becomes homogeneous. Leave to cool a little, then add the cumin, crushed red pepper (if using) and black pepper. Season with salt to taste.
3. Add the onion mixture to the lentil mixture until the ingredients are well combined. Add the leeks and green parsley, stirring gently. On a plate, put green fruit salad. With wet hands, form lentil meatballs and place on lettuce leaves. They can be served immediately or covered and left in the fridge for an hour.