- Dish type
- Cakes with fruit
- Plum cake
The end of summer in Poland is the perfect time for fresh plums. It's also a good excuse to make this quick and easy plum cake. Enjoy a slice with a cup of tea or coffee.
17 people made this
- 1/2 kg plums, stones removed
- 4 eggs, separated
- 200g caster sugar
- 450g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 250g butter (or cooking margarine), melted and cooled
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:50min ›Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Lightly grease and flour a 30x25cm cake tin (or smaller).
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Slowly add sugar, whilst you continue to beat. Add yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Sieve flour and baking powder into a separate bowl. Add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Melt the butter; allow to cool, then add to batter and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared cake tin; arrange plums on top side by side, cut side up. Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.